Research confirms the most important ingredient in learning is the ability to focus on the material being learned. SmartBrain training exercises the brain's ability to sustain attention - as this increases the ability to learn increases.
Learn More About The SmartBrain System
SmartBrain technology converts standard video games, like Gran Tourismo or Tony Hawk Skateboarding, into tools to improve mental awareness. The fun pastime of playing a video game is transformed into a beneficial experience. Instead of simply pressing buttons, the brain and the ability to produce attention-enhancing brain patterns becomes part of the game activity.
This technology, initially developed by NASA to improve a pilot's attention and ability to focus on multiple tasks in a flight simulator, is licensed on a limited basis to select providers in specific geographic locations, including the Center for Attention Deficit and Learning Disorders.
How does SmartBrain Technology work?
SmartBrain is a very sophisticated and effective neurofeedback system where users play PlayStation and XBox video games or watch DVD movies. However, unlike the normal game consoles and DVD players in your home, the SmartBrain System uses a specially developed computer to modify game play or movie viewing based on brainwave activity.
Sensors are placed on the scalp allowing brainwaves to be transmitted through a special neurofeedback system. Based on the brainwave activity of the patient, the system changes the power to the buttons on the game controller, changing how much control is available in the game. As the brain improves, the game is easier to play. Watching movies is similar, except changes in brainwave activity change the size and volume of the movie screen. The better the focus the better the viewing experience.
Home Training for SmartBrain Technology
For your convenience, we can provide this NASA patented SmartBrain technology, exclusively licensed, for your home or office use.
Our in-home training includes:
- An assessment and evaluation of your condition
- Verification of appropriateness for home training
- Individual design and set-up of home training programs into your SmartBrain Box
- Monitoring of progress at scheduled intervals
- Available verbally or electronically to consult with you, or meet with you to advise when changes might be needed for your home training
- Routine assessment tools for you to complete and return to us for monitoring your ongoing progress
- We might have suggestions concerning needs or resources you have as an individual or family
For more information on how the SmartBrain Technology System can be used to treat a variety of conditions in our office or in your home, please contact us or call 480-314-4299.